Summer has always been the season for adventure and making memories. We all know that lemonade is a classic staple during the hot summer days. But have you ever thought that even more recipes could be made with the same tart and sweet taste of lemons? In this article, we’ve collected four lemony recipes that you can try during your summer adventures. These recipes are easy to follow and are sure to delight your taste buds.
- Lemon Sorbet:
Lemon sorbet is a perfect way to cool down on a hot day. Not only is it refreshing, but it’s also easy to make! Here are the ingredients that you’ll need:
– 2 cups of water
– 1 cup of sugar
– 1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon of grated lemon zest
1. Combine water and sugar in a saucepan. Heat over low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and zest.
3. Cover and chill the mixture for at least two hours.
4. Pour into your ice cream maker and follow the instructions to freeze until done.
- Lemon Drop Cookies:
These deliciously tangy cookies are perfect for dessert or as a mid-day snack. Here are the ingredients that you’ll need:
– 2/3 cup butter, softened
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 large egg
– 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
– 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/2 cup powdered sugar for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg, followed by the lemon zest and juice.
4. Whisk the salt, baking powder, baking soda, and flour in a separate mixing bowl.
5. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until just combined.
6. Roll the dough into teaspoon-sized balls, then roll each ball in powdered sugar.
7. Place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Sweet Lemon Glazed Salmon:
This juicy and flavorful salmon dish is perfect for dinner parties or just a summer night at home. Here are the ingredients that you’ll need:
– 4 salmon fillets
– 1/4 cup honey
– 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 1/4 cup soy sauce
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon ground ginger
– salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the salmon fillets on top.
3. whisk together the honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, minced garlic, ginger, and salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
4. Pour the glaze over the salmon fillets, making sure to coat them evenly.
5. Bake for 12-14 minutes until the salmon is fully cooked and the glaze is caramelized.
- Lemon Poppy Salad Dressing:
This dressing is perfect for adding a zing to your salads or even as a dip. Here are the ingredients that you’ll need:
– 1/2 cup olive oil
– 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
– 1 tablespoon honey
– 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
– 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
– salt and pepper to taste
1. whisk together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, honey, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard in a mixing bowl.
2. Add the poppy seeds and whisk until combined.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Pour the dressing over your salad and toss to coat.
Summer is the perfect time to experiment and try out new recipes. These four lemony recipes are easy to make and are sure to delight your taste buds. Whether it’s cooling down with a lemon sorbet or savoring the sweet and tangy flavors of the lemon-glazed salmon, these recipes are sure to be a hit with family and friends. So grab some lemons and get cooking, and enjoy the summer season with these sweet and tart treats!